The Westin Bear Mountain Resort is actively involved in the community by making donations to charitable/not-for-profit organizations focused on helping children in Victoria and on Vancouver Island. In 2010 we made a significant commitment to support Jeneece Place as it relates to the TELUS World Skins Game, the MS Society, C-FAX Community Awards and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
For The Westin Bear Mountain Resort to make an effective contribution to the community and to allow us to focus our efforts, we will continue to primarily support organizations and charities related to children.
If your organization is interested in applying to Bear Mountain Resort for a donation or sponsorship contribution, we have outlined the necessary information required for you to include within your written request.
For 2013, we are pleased to provide in-kind products for support, such as; golf rounds, Mountainside Athletic Club passes, or Bear Mountain products (apparel, golf balls, etc.). We will not provide cash donations.
To be eligible for sponsorship you must:
- Be a registered local not for profit organization
- Submit your request in writing at least 60 days prior to the event or project
- Provide options for The Westin Bear Mountain Resort recognition, for example; logo placement on material or signage
Your request must include:
- The name of the organization on letterhead
- Primary contact name, phone number and email address
- All sponsorship and event details, such as; time, date, place, purpose of event, target audience, expected attendance, media representation, print materials, and any other advertising arrangements
- Indicate value of the sponsorship for participation, for example; media exposure, advertising benefits, logo recognition on print materials, etc.
- Please outline your request, for example; type of gift certificate you are interested in and what it will be used for.
Consideration for donations include:
- The type of fundraising event and if the group has received a past donation.
- An additional deciding factor is the the amount of requests received, as we have a limited number of items available each month.
Apply in writing via mail, email or fax:
1999 Country Club Way
Victoria, BC V9B 6T8
Fax: (250) 391-5205
The Westin Bear Mountain Resort appreciates your interest and request. Due to the large number of requests we receive, we respectfully request that you do not call to inquire about the status of your request. All requests will be reviewed bi-weekly and ONLY those requests accepted will be contacted directly. Thank you.