Head MechanicPosted on November 27, 2017
The Westin Bear Mountain Golf Resort & Spa, Victoria is presently hiring for the position of Head Mechanic in our Greens Maintenance Department.
This position involves managing the Greens Maintenance Mechanics with equipment maintenance and repairs. This is a salary position starting immediately.
Responsibilities for the position of the Head Mechanic include but are not limited to:
- Supervising and overseeing 2-3 mechanics
- Working within a schedule while also being able to comfortably adapt to change
- Maintaining quality of cut to high standards
- Working closely with the course superintendent and assistants
- Maintenance and repair of all golf course related equipment
- Maintaining a safe workplace
- Training staff on equipment and maintenance procedures
- Purchasing parts and equipment within the budget provided
- Keep purchase orders, expense tracking and maintenance records up to date
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 5 years prior experience in maintaining golf course equipment is required.
- Organizational and time management skills
- Experience and knowledge of all golf course related equipment
- Knowledge of GHS (Global Harmonized System)
- Excellent Communication and organizational skills and the ability to work well with others to promote a cohesive Team environment
- Experience with welding and grinding equipment
- Having own tools would be an asset but not a requirement.
- Must have valid BC Driver’s License
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Excel and Toro MyTurf programs
Join our Resort Team and enjoy many perks and golf privileges provided by our Five Star environment. Thank you in advance for your application but please note only those short listed will be contacted.Apply Now