LifeguardPosted on March 22, 2018
JOIN OUR TEAM
The Westin Bear Mountain Golf Resort & Spa, Victoria is a world class 5 star resort property with 36 holes of Nicklaus Design Golf; 2 Westin hotel buildings (156 rooms) a separate state of the art fitness facility and a variety of food and beverage outlets including Bella Restaurant, Masters Lounge a 300 person ballroom as well as meeting and conference facilities with several new amenities underway including new trail systems, mountain biking and 8 clay tennis courts.
The Westin Bear Mountain has several diverse work opportunities available at our world class resort. Now is your chance to join The Westin Bear Mountain’s team of exceptional individuals. Our team strives to be the best, and while we are very professional, ambitious and enthusiastic, we also believe in having fun along the way!
The North Langford Recreation Centre at the Westin Bear Mountain Golf Resort & Spa is presently hiring for the seasonal position of Lifeguard for our outdoor pool.
- This role reports directly to the Recreation Center Manager and is responsible for the safety of our guests and maintaining the pool area.
- Ensure that all rules and regulations are adhered to, ensuring the safety of the pool area
- Maintain direct contact with patrons and communicate with them in an effective manner
- Assists guests with questions regarding the resort, activities and general information
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact and a friendly verbal greeting using the guests’ names when possible
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program
- Quickly respond to pool emergencies and perform basic life support and first aid as required
- Remain knowledgeable of emergency procedures and operational policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a minimum of sixteen years of age and possess valid National Lifeguard Services Award and Standard First Aid and C.P.R. ‘C’ Certification.
- Previous experience in lifeguarding would be an asset.
- Availability for weekday, weeknight, as well as weekends and holidays.
- The successful candidate will have a flexible schedule with the ability to work a variety of shifts.
Join our Resort Team and enjoy many perks and privileges provided by our Five Star environment including associate golf privileges, extended benefits after 6 months, discounted hotel stays at all of our Starwood and Marriott Hotel brands.
Thank you in advance for your application but please note only those short listed will be contacted.Apply Now