Part-time GreenskeeperPosted on August 15, 2017
The Westin Bear Mountain Golf Resort and Spa, Victoria is currently hiring for part-time Greenskeepers in our Greens Maintenance Department.
The Greenskeeper position involves a variety of duties including but not limited to:
- Performs general landscape maintenance using hand held equipment.
- Operates small machinery to assist with edging, trimming and mowing.
- Involved with tasks related to course detail (weed and debris clean up).
- Operate walking equipment in mowing greens, collars, and tees.
- Assists with golf course set-up procedures.
- Operates utility vehicles and mowing equipment
- Operates equipment safely and is aware of associates and their prospective work areas.
- Maintains flexibility to take on new and different tasks as directed by the Department Manager
- Raking bunkers
- Other tasks as required to maintain two Jack Nicklaus Designed Golf Courses
- Previous experience in a similar position is preferred
- Valid BC Driver’s license required
- Standard First Aid is an asset
- Ability to drive both standard and automatic vehicles would be considered an asset.
- Able to stand and or walk for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
These positions are ideal for those who enjoy an early start (and finish) to their day.
Join our Resort Team and enjoy many perks and privileges provided by our Five Star environment including associate golf privileges, extended benefits after 6 months, discounted hotel stays at all of our Starwood and Marriott Hotel brands.