Maintenance ManagerApril 12, 2017
The Westin Bear Mountain Resort is currently recruiting for the position of Hotel Building Maintenance Manager.
This position involves a variety of duties including but not limited to:
- Establish goals, measurements and results for the department along with the Director of Hotel Operations;
- Involvement in the preparation of the Maintenance Operating and Capital budgets;
- Organize, implement and track all maintenance projects for guestrooms and public areas;
- General operational and preventative maintenance of systems including: Boilers and heating systems; Make up air and HVAC systems; Pool facilities; and General plumbing issues;
- Maintain hotel guest rooms and public areas by performing routine maintenance jobs and repairs;
- Troubleshoot and perform minor repairs on heating, cooling and ventilation systems;
- Troubleshoot and perform minor repairs on plumbing systems, electrical systems and appliances;
- Troubleshoot and perform minor repairs on kitchen equipment;
- Maintain the integrity of pools by ensuring a safe chemical balance through frequent testing;
- Responsible for the Fire Panel and available for call outs;
- Effective and timely interaction with all Hotel departments and positively impact guest experience by effectively and efficiently resolving maintenance concerns;
- Motivate, train and lead maintenance personnel by personal example with a philosophy of work conduct, enthusiasm and personal development that leads to maximum performance and job satisfaction;
- Ensure a safe work environment is maintained at all times and that all employees are committed to working safely;
- Take a key role in the overall OH&S Committee.
- Prior Maintenance Management experience within a medium-large hotel
- Strong Ability to lead, coach and build a successful team
- Above average communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Superior attention to details, time management, high quality environment.
- A Pool Operators Certificate and a background in electrical and /or plumbing are essential.
- Task orientated and results driven.
The Building Maintenance Team at Westin Bear Mountain exceeds guest expectations by adhering to Westin Brand Standards and providing and maintaining the highest level of professionalism.
Join our Resort Team and enjoy many perks and privileges provided by our Five Star environment including associate golf privileges, extended benefits, discounted hotel stays at all of our Starwood Hotel brands.
Thank you in advance for your application but please note only those short listed will be contacted.