Hydrogeological and Environmental Best Practices Reports - Highlands Lands
March 9, 2018
Enclosed are technical reports recently prepared for Ecoasis Developments LLP by professional hydrogeological, environmental and forestry consultants as part of a 2017 review of its Bear Mountain lands within the District of Highlands.
A 2015 Ecoasis application for subdivision approval of the first Phase of its Highlands lands expired in 2017. Prior to submitting a renewed subdivision application, Ecoasis’ intention is to inform the District of Highland’s staff and the Highlands general public of relevant information and implications as they pertain to the 2005 Master Development Agreement (MDA) and respective municipal bylaws.
Enclosed, please find:
Water and Aquifer Management Reports
- Colquitz Engineering/Jeff Howard, P.Eng.: Golf Irrigation Water Balance Study.
- Landscapes Unlimited addendum to Colquitz Report
- Western Water/Chad Petersmeyer & Douglas Geller, Senior Hydrogeologists: Bear Mountain Groundwater Supply Assessment Report.
- Western Water/Chad Petersmeyer; 2017 Annual Groundwater Monitoring Report.
- WSP Environmental/Susan Blundell, Senior Biologist: Best Practices Regarding Ground and Surface Water Resources and Environmental Stewardship Considerations For Future Land Use.
Technical Opinions on MDA
- Western Water/Chad Petersmeyer, Senior Hydrogeologist:Groundwater-related Aspects of the Bear Mountain 2005 MDA.
- WSP Environmental / Susan Blundell, Senior Biologist: Recommendations with respect implications of MDA for groundwater monitoring and implications of environmentally sustainable maintenance.
- Strathcona Forestry / Margaret Symon: Implications of MDA with respect to sprinklers in accessory buildings.
Ecoasis is sensitive to the fact that questions and concerns have been raised with respect to stewardship of the aquifer, related environmental concerns and the inconsistences of Bear Mountain practices as mandated in the MDA. An outline of key issues has been provided to professional consultants with a request for review, and feedback. The documents attached hereto are intended, for the purposes of transparency, to share the findings.