Our small print…in an easy to read format
– All reservations must be guaranteed by credit card.
– The Westin Bear Mountain has a 24 hour cancellation notice in effect.
– A minimum night stay may be required during holidays and special events.
– Seasonal room rates are based on single or double occupancy and are subject to change without notice.
– Check in time: 3:00 pm.
– Check out time: 12:00 pm.
– Rates are subject to change without notice and a 5% GST, 8% PST, and 2% MRDT will apply.
– Guest Room with kitchenette – Accommodations for up to four guests
– One Bedroom Suite with Kitchen – Accommodations for up to four guests
– Two Bedroom Suite with Kitchen – Accommodations for up to eight guests
– All package reservations must be guaranteed by Visa, MasterCard, or American Express.
– The Westin Bear Mountain has a 24 hour cancellation notice in effect.
– Some package rates are per person, and others are based double occupancy and are subject to change without notice. Some packages may not be available due to seasonal weather patterns.
– If a pet friendly room is available, and a pet stays in the hotel, there is a mandatory $60.00 pet cleaning fee upon departure.
– Rates are quoted in Canadian Dollars, and are subject to 5% GST, 8% PST, and 2% MRDT.
– Check in time is: 3:00pm Check out time is: 12:00pm.
At Bear Mountain Resort we stress the importance of privacy and are committed to earning the trust of our guests and customers by adopting high standards for the protection of personal information.
This Privacy Protection Policy outlines the type of personal information we collect and receive, the circumstances in which we collect or receive personal information, the policies and procedures we have established outlining its use and storage, and for sharing certain types of personal information in certain limited circumstances, the procedures you should follow if you have any questions or requests in respect of your personal information or our policies and procedures and the person to whom such questions or requests should be directed, and the means by which to communicate with that person.
In this Privacy Protection Policy, Bear Mountain Resort means Bear Mountain Land Holdings Ltd. and its affiliated entities, as they may exist from time to time, which include, without limitation any subsidiaries which carry on business that use the following names: Bear Mountain, Bear Mountain Resort, Bear Mountain Properties, Bear Mountain Estates and Bear Mountain Golf & Country Club. In this Privacy Protection Policy, personal information means information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, e-mail address or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available and is not part of your work identification.
It also includes information on preferences and usage, when such information is supplied to or recorded by Bear Mountain Resort in the course of transacting business with an individual.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with customers and to provide ongoing service.
- To understand needs and preferences of individuals. We maintain a record of the products and services you receive from us and we may ask for additional information so that we can serve you better.
- To develop, enhance, market and/or provide products and services. For example, we look at our guest use of our services so that we can better understand how to improve our services. From time to time, we may review and analyze use of our products and services to help us provide better product and service recommendations and special offers that we think will interest you.
- To manage and develop our business and operations. For example we analyze guest patterns of usage of our hotel and golf services to help us manage them efficiently and plan for future growth.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
HOW YOU MAY PROVIDE US YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
A. MAKING A RESERVATION OR USING BEAR MOUNTAIN SERVICES
When making a reservation or using Bear Mountain Resort services it is necessary to have information in order to identify you, contact you and to process your purchase and requests. This information usually includes your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card number and expiration date, and language preference. It may also include, if you choose to share that information with us, your preferences and delivery of your service.
Bear Mountain Resort is part of a management team that manages hotels for third party owners. Your personal information is shared with the third party owner of the hotel where you intend to stay and those of its employees involved in delivering the service to you to the extent necessary for them to do so and to process the transaction. All hotels that are managed by Bear Mountain Resort have agreed to abide by the terms of this Privacy Protection Policy.
From time to time, we offer packages or other services that involve third parties. If you are partaking of such package or service, your personal information will be shared with that third party to the extent necessary to provide that service and process the purchase or request.
Bear Mountain Resort may use the information you provide to send you offers and information about Bear Mountain Resort services and those of select third parties. Your information will not be given to these third parties but rather the offer of the third party will be provided to Bear Mountain Resort which will manage the distribution.
If you do not wish to receive such offers and information you may unsubscribe or opt-out by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line ‘unsubscribe’, to indicate your request with sufficient personal identifiers so we can appropriately act on your request. All our marketing communication of this type will also contain instructions for unsubscribing.
B. INFORMATION PROVIDED TO US IN COMMUNICATIONS REGARDING SERVICE DELIVERY SUCH AS COMMENT CARDS
Information provided to us in such a fashion will be used solely for the purpose of recording your comments, communicating with you in respect of them, reviewing them with the subject hotel and hotel personnel, for the purposes of recognizing employees for excellence of service delivery and for developing improvements in service delivery.
C. BEAR MOUNTAIN RESORT OFFERS YOU THE ABILITY TO RECEIVE TARGETED, TIMELY NOTIFICATION OF TIME SENSITIVE OFFERS
To sign up for this service we require you to provide us with your e-mail address, first name, last name, language preference, and country of residence. You may ‘unsubscribe’ at any time using the link provided on every e-mail message and by unsubscribing you will no longer receive e-mail offers and promotions for the specified subscription or website, as the case may be. You may at any time in the future opt-in to receive e-mail.
D. BY VISITING OUR WEBSITE
Our website does not collect personally identifiable information from your computer when you browse it and pages from our servers. This means that, unless you voluntarily and knowingly provide us with personally identifiable information, we will not know your name, your e-mail address or any other personally identifiable information. When you request a page from our site, our servers log the information provided in the HTTP request hitter including the IP number, time of the request, the URL of your request and other information that is provided in the HTTP header. We collect the request header information in order to make our website function correctly and provide you the functionality that you see on our website, its contents and functionality to meet your needs.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
In order to protect your personal information and your right to privacy, Bear Mountain Resort:
- Will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose than those identified above, except with your consent;
- Will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards;
- Will take appropriate steps to protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with third parties;
- Will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary for the purposes identified above; and
- Will honour any request you may make for access to your personal information in as timely fashion as is reasonably possible.
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We may disclose a guest’s personal information to a person who, is the reasonable judgment of Bear Mountain Resort, is seeking the information as an agent of the guest – for example, a travel agent who is booking a reservation on behalf of the guest.
- Personal information will be shared with any other hotels managed by Bear Mountain Resort for which your reservation has been made so that they may provide the services you have reserved.
- Personal information will be shared with a third party involved in supplying the guest with the services they have purchased to the extent necessary to effect the supply and the processing of the transaction.
- Personal information may be shared with a credit reporting agent retained by Bear Mountain Resort to perform functions on its behalf such as reservations handling, data processing or storage, guest surveys or research.
- Personal information may be shared with an agent retained by Bear Mountain Resort to evaluate a customer’s credit worthiness or in order to collect a customer’s account.
- Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of public authority if in the reasonable judgment of Bear Mountain Resort it appears that there is an imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information, or which disclosure is compelled by legal authority.
- Any such disclosure of a guest’s personal information by Bear Mountain Resort to a third party will be made only on a confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used only for the purpose for which it has been disclosed.
WHAT ARE YOUR CHOICES?
Bear Mountain Resort would like to have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes identified above. However, we want you to know that you do have choices and can refuse or withdraw your consent as follows:
- You are always free to refuse to provide personal information to us.
- You may have your name removed from our telephone, mail or e-mail marketing lists. We use these lists to inform you of relevant products, services and special offers that may be of benefit to you.
- You may also withdraw your consent with respect to the use of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by e-mailing us at email@example.com, using ‘unsubscribe’ as the subject line, and providing us sufficient personal identifiers so we can act effectively on your request.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to make a request in respect of your personal information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise, Bear Mountain Resort will assume that we have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personally information for the purposes outlined above.