Bear Mountain — Home to the Canadian National Mountain Bike Team.
Bear Mountain is committed to helping Canada’s Mountain Bikers Achieve World-Class Performances.
In late January 2015, Cycling Canada proudly announced its partnership with Ecoasis and the designation of Bear Mountain as the Official High Performance Training Centre of the Canadian National Mountain Bike Team.
Canadian Mountain Bike Head Coach and Victoria resident Dan Proulx expressed his excitement over the great opportunities for the National Mountain Bike Team going forward with the new Training Centre at Bear Mountain.
“Bear Mountain will provide the National Team with a great opportunity to build a yearround high-performance centre that supports Canada’s future champions.” Proulx added, “the weather, technical terrain and daily training environment in this region will help our riders fully prepare for international competition. The National Mountain Bike team has a strong history here. Many of the best Canadian mountain bikers have perfected their skills and fitness on these trails.”
The Partnership will run from 2015 to 2020 and is perfectly aligned with Cycling Canada’s vision to become a leading cycling nation by 2020 and beyond.
“We’re excited to host the first National Team Camp at Bear Mountain Resort. We’ve already built a World Class daily training environment here. We’re looking forward to bringing in more National Team riders from across the country helping them acquire work ethic, skills and fitness needed to compete for the top of the podium.” – National Coach Dan Proulx
“A worldleading daily training environment that is engaging, innovative and built to ensure rapid progression for fully committed athletes. The best must train with the best.”
OUR DAILY TRAINING ENVIRONMENT IS:
- Professional. Motivating. Challenging. Consistent. Reliable. Respectful.
- Focused on Deliberate Practice - Be World Class Now.
- Positive feedback and rapid progression – driven by observation and evidence.
- Everyone contributes their best effort to raise the bar for all.
- World Class technical MTB terrain.
- A history of producing World Class riders.
- Canadian tough.
NOTRE ENVIRONNEMENT D'ENTRAÎNEMENT EST:
- Professionnel. Motivant. Demandant. Constant. Efficace. Respectueux.
- Mets l’emphase sur l’entraînement volontaire Être de niveau mondial maintenant.
- Basé sur une rétroaction positive et une progression rapide atteintes par l’utilisation d’exemples et d’évidences.
- Tout le monde contribue de leur mieux à monter la barre pour tous et chacun.
- Sur des sentiers qui sont du même niveau que la coupe du Monde.
- Où certains des meilleurs athlètes canadiens se sont développés.
- Purement canadien.
Athletes & Coaches
Andreane Lanthier Nadeau
National Team Head Coach
National Team Head Mechanic
National Team Physiotherapist
National Team Development Coach