CANADA’S LARGEST INDOOR/OUTDOOR RED CLAY COURT TENNIS CENTRE
Bear Mountain Tennis Centre
- To become Canada’s largest indoor/outdoor clay court tennis facility supported by Tennis Canada and Tennis BC.
- To become a world-class premier Canadian private and public tennis club.
- To become the heart of a growing and vibrant tennis community working in conjunction with other tennis clubs on southern Vancouver Island.
- To work in partnership with Tennis Canada and Tennis BC to benefit tennis development on Vancouver Island, in the province of British Columbia and in Canada.
- To enhance an active tennis community, inspiring players to enjoy tennis at all levels of play.
- TO BE DESIGNATED AS A TENNIS DEVELOPMENT CENTER (TDC) AND DEVELOPED AS A FUTURE HOST SITE FOR ISLAND, PROVINCIAL, NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL EVENTS, ALONG WITH PERIODICALLY HOSTING PROVINCIAL AND NATIONAL TRAINING CAMPS AND COACHING CONFERENCES. HOW WILL WE ACHIEVE THIS? BY HIRING THE BEST PROFESSIONAL STAFF TO ENSURE THAT CLIENT EXPECTATIONS ARE BEING MET BOTH ON AND OFF THE COURT. WE WILL WELCOME OUR MEMBERS, THEIR GUESTS, OUR RESORT GUESTS AND ALL OUR CUSTOMERS INTO A FRIENDLY AND INCLUSIVE ENVIRONMENT. WE WILL PROVIDE QUALITY MEMBER SERVICE WITH THE BEST ADULT AND JUNIOR PROGRAMMING, ALONG WITH HOSTING A WIDE RANGE OF EVENTS FROM CLUB TO INTERNATIONAL LEVELS.
STAGE 1: OUTDOOR
- 8 Custom designed Red Clay courts – Located in a beautiful natural setting at the foot of Mount Finlayson, our courts offer tennis players the ultimate playing experience.
- TENNIS CENTRE PERGOLA –THIS COVERED LOUNGE IS SITUATED BETWEEN THE TWO, FOUR COURT PACKAGES. DURING THE OUTDOOR SEASON THE TENNIS LOUNGE OFFERS CONCIERGE SERVICE, A WATER STATION, TABLES WITH SEATING, NEARBY WASHROOMS AND A COMFORTABLE, COVERED, PROTECTED OUTDOOR AREA BEFORE AND AFTER PLAY.
- Professional Staff and Coaches – As a Tennis Canada Level 3 Professional, Bear Mountain’s Russ Hartley is one of Canada’s leading Tennis Directors with over 40 years of experience. Our Tennis Canada certified Pro staff will offer private, semi-private, adult and junior group lessons, drop-in drill sessions, plus clinics and camps.
- ACCESS TO THE WESTIN BEAR MOUNTAIN CLUBHOUSE – ENJOY ACCESS TO THE MEMBERS LOUNGE, PRO SHOP, SAUNA, STEAM ROOM, MASTERS LOUNGE, BELLA DINING ROOM AND SANTÉ SPA.
- Events to Enhance your Experience – Organized play programs such as drop-in mixers, Doubles shootouts, special events and Club tournaments will be facilitated by the Bear Mountain Pro Staff to enhance your member experience. These events will draw members and guests together and provide opportunities to meet new players or just pick up a game!
- During the spring of 2018, grade beams were constructed around all courts, expanding the playing surface to its permanent format. This increased playing area allowed installation of on court viewing areas through the middle of each set of four courts. This allows players waiting to play or coming off the court to be part of the action. Seating is provided for players during the outdoor season and for your comfort and protection inside the bubbles during the indoor season.
- OUR 4 COURT INDOOR FACILITY OFFICIALLY OPENED OCTOBER 13TH, 2018!
- World Class Court Spacing All courts have generous spacing as well as expansive 23’ backcourts.
- OUR COURTS ARE HEATED WITH CHAMPIONSHIP LED LIGHTING WHICH WILL PROVIDE THE MOST IDEAL PLAYING CONDITIONS POSSIBLE.
- OU WILL ENJOY A FULL CONCIERGE SERVICE AT THE COURTS TO ASSIST YOU OR ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS, ENSURING YOU HAVE AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE.
- ANNUALLY THE BUBBLE WILL BE REMOVED IN EARLY MAY AND REINSTALLED LATE SEPTEMBER.
- A SECOND 4 COURT BUBBLE WILL BE ORDERED ONCE BMTC MEMBERSHIPS REACH 200!!
Stage 2: Indoor
When tennis and golf membership exceeds the capacity of the current Bear Mountain Member facilities, additional facilities will be provided for the membership.
The current vision includes:
- Central tennis pavilion situated between the two, four court packages, the tennis pavilion will offer a comfortable area to gather before and after play. Complete with reception staff, pro office, tennis accessories, racket stringing service, courtside refreshment centre, washrooms, central viewing area and rooftop deck.
- Outdoor lighting during the outdoor season our courts will be lit to extend the hours of play and provide consistent quality lighting as it gets later into the evening.
- PARKING BY THE COURTS. AS OUR MEMBERSHIP GROWS PARKING WILL BE DEVELOPED BY THE COURTS TO IMPROVE CONVENIENCE AND ACCESS TO OUR TENNIS CENTRE.