CANADA’S LARGEST INDOOR/OUTDOOR RED CLAY COURT TENNIS CENTRE
Bear Mountain Tennis Centre
Bear Mountain - Code of Conduct, Covid-19 Protocols and waiver policies
PLEASE NOTE: Tennis at the Bear Mountain Tennis Centre is currently open to Members and Guests of Members until further notice.
Please click on the links below to review all of our policies and protocols. You will need to print out, sign and return our waiver prior to entry to playing your match.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Tennis Protocols and Reminders – September 2021
- To become a world-class premier Canadian private and public tennis club.
- To become the heart of a growing and vibrant tennis community working in conjunction with other tennis clubs on southern Vancouver Island.
- To work in partnership with Tennis Canada and Tennis BC to benefit tennis development on Vancouver Island, in the province of British Columbia and in Canada.
- To enhance an active tennis community, inspiring players to enjoy tennis at all levels of play.
- To be designated as a Tennis Development Centre (TDC) and developed as a future host site for Island, provincial, national and international events.
STAGE 1: OUTDOOR
- 8 Custom designed Red Clay courts: Located in a beautiful natural setting at the foot of Mount Finlayson, our courts offer tennis players the ultimate playing experience.
- TENNIS CENTRE PERGOLA: SITUATED BETWEEN THE TWO FOUR-COURT PACKAGES, THE TENNIS STAGING AREA OFFERS WATER STATION, TABLES WITH SEATING, NEARBY WASHROOMS AND A COMFORTABLE, COVERED, PROTECTED OUTDOOR AREA BEFORE AND AFTER PLAY.
- Professional Staff and Coaches: As a Tennis Canada Level 3 Professional, Bear Mountain’s Russ Hartley is one of Canada’s leading COACHES with over 40 years of experience. Our Tennis Canada certified Pro staff will offer private, semi-private, Adult and Junior group lessons, drop-in drill sessions, plus clinics and camps.
- ACCESS TO THE BEAR MOUNTAIN CLUBHOUSE: ENJOY ACCESS TO THE MEMBERS LOUNGE, PRO SHOP, SAUNA, STEAM AND CHANGE ROOMS.
- Events to Enhance your Experience: Organized play programs such as drop-in mixers, Doubles shootouts, special events and Club tournaments will be facilitated by the Bear Mountain Pro Staff to enhance your member experience. These events will draw members and guests together and provide opportunities to meet new players or just pick up a game!
- Viewing Areas on Court: Beginning in the spring of 2018, grade beams were constructed around all courts, expanding the playing surface to its permanent format. This increased playing area allowed for the installation of on court viewing areas through the middle of each set of four courts. This allows players waiting to play or coming off the court to be part of the action. Seating is provided for players during the outdoor season and for your comfort and protection inside the bubbles during the indoor season.
- World Class Court Spacing: All courts have generous spacing as well as expansive 23’ backcourts.
- Four Covered indoor courts: Four courts are covered and heated during the indoor season, allowing for year-round play.
- A second four court bubble coming in fall 2021
- Championship LED Lighting: During the indoor season, Championship level hanging LED lights provide the most ideal playing conditions possible.
Stage 2: Indoor
When tennis and golf membership exceeds the capacity of the current Bear Mountain Member facilities, additional facilities will be provided for the membership. The current vision includes:
- Central Tennis Pavilion: Situated between the two four-court packages, the tennis pavilion will offer a comfortable area to gather before and after play. Complete with reception staff, Pro office, tennis accessories, racket stringing service, courtside refreshment centre, washrooms, central viewing area and rooftop deck.
- Outdoor lighting: during the outdoor season our courts will be lit to extend the hours of play and provide consistent quality lighting.
- PARKING BY THE COURTS: AS OUR MEMBERSHIP GROWS PARKING WILL BE DEVELOPED BY THE COURTS TO IMPROVE CONVENIENCE AND ACCESS TO The BMTC.