CANADA’S LARGEST INDOOR/OUTDOOR RED CLAY COURT TENNIS CENTRE
Bear Mountain Tennis Centre
- To become Canada’s largest indoor/outdoor clay court tennis facility supported by Tennis Canada and Tennis BC.
- To become a world-class premier Canadian private and public tennis club.
- To become the heart of a growing and vibrant tennis community working in conjunction with other tennis clubs on southern Vancouver Island.
- To work in partnership with Tennis Canada and Tennis BC to benefit tennis development on Vancouver Island, in the province of British Columbia and in Canada.
- To enhance an active tennis community, inspiring players to enjoy tennis at all levels of play.
- TO BE DESIGNATED AS A TENNIS DEVELOPMENT CENTER (TDC) AND DEVELOPED AS A FUTURE HOST SITE FOR ISLAND, PROVINCIAL, NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL EVENTS, ALONG WITH PERIODICALLY HOSTING PROVINCIAL AND NATIONAL TRAINING CAMPS AND COACHING CONFERENCES. HOW WILL WE ACHIEVE THIS? BY HIRING THE BEST PROFESSIONAL STAFF TO ENSURE THAT CLIENT EXPECTATIONS ARE BEING MET BOTH ON AND OFF THE COURT. WE WILL WELCOME OUR MEMBERS, THEIR GUESTS, OUR RESORT GUESTS AND ALL OUR CUSTOMERS INTO A FRIENDLY AND INCLUSIVE ENVIRONMENT. WE WILL PROVIDE QUALITY MEMBER SERVICE WITH THE BEST ADULT AND JUNIOR PROGRAMMING, ALONG WITH HOSTING A WIDE RANGE OF EVENTS FROM CLUB TO INTERNATIONAL LEVELS.
Stage 1: Spring 2017 - Outdoor
- 8 Custom designed Red Clay courts Located in a beautiful natural setting at the foot of Mount Finlayson, our courts offer tennis players the ultimate playing experience.
- Tennis Centre covered lounge Situated between the two, four court packages, the tennis staging area, complete with water stations, tables with seating, and nearby washrooms, will offer a comfortable, covered and protected area to gather before and after play.
- Access to the Westin Bear Mountain Clubhouse Enjoy access to the Member’s Lounge, Pro Shop, the North Langford Recreation Centre, sauna, steam room, Masters Lounge, Bella dining room and Santé Spa.
- Professional Staff and Coaches As a Tennis Canada Level 3 Professional, Bear Mountain’s Russ Hartley is one of Canada’s leading Tennis Directors with over 40 years of experience. Our Tennis Canada certified Pro staff will offer private, semi-private, adult and junior group lessons, drop-in drill sessions, plus clinics and camps.
- Events to Enhance your Experience Organized play programs will be facilitated by the Bear Mountain Pro Staff to enhance your member experience. Drop in mixers, Doubles shootouts, Special events and Club tournaments. These events will draw members and guests together and provide opportunities to meet new players or just pick up a game!
- Covered indoor courts All 8 courts will be covered during the indoor season, allowing for year-round play.
- Viewing Area on Court On court viewing area will be situated through the middle of each set of four courts, allowing players waiting to play or coming off the court, to be part of the action. Seating will be provided for your comfort and protection inside the bubbles during the indoor season.
- Champion LED Lighting In both bubbles during the indoor season CHAMPIONSHIP LEVEL HANGING LED LIGHTS WILL PROVIDE OUR MEMBERS WITH THE MOST IDEAL INDOOR PLAYING CONDITIONS POSSIBLE.
- World Class Court Spacing All courts will have generous spacing as well as expansive 23’ backcourts.
Stage 2: Planned for early 2018 - Indoor
When tennis and golf membership exceeds the capacity of the current Bear Mountain Member facilities, additional facilities will be provided for the membership.
The current vision includes:
- Central Tennis Pavilion Situated between the two, four court packages, the Tennis Pavilion will offer a comfortable area to gather before and after play. Complete with reception staff, Pro office, tennis accessories, racket stringing service, courtside refreshment centre, washrooms, central viewing area and roof top deck.
- Outdoor Lighting During the outdoor season OUR COURTS WILL BE LIT TO EXTEND THE HOURS OF PLAY AND PROVIDE CONSISTENT QUALITY LIGHTING AS IT GETS LATER INTO THE EVENING.